creative project..sorta
I painted a good many (about 200) photoframes last year when i was fundraising for my Osaka mission trip. Looking back, i find it sheer madness that i could have painted so many frames inbetween juggling essays, church stuff and mission prep.Every night i sat down and religiously painted.
Which brought back some painful memories of how i got a C6 for my mural at O-levels. sigh. Guess the ethnic thing didn't work for them that year.I never really painted after that.
painting again inspired me to think of working with paint as a medium again. Not for business or for academic purposes, but just..for the sheer pleasure of it.
There is something about paint that is just so satisfying. I used to enjoy trying out/figuring out different techniques for painting different things. Watercolour isn't my thing and previously I had only worked with acrylic and oil. And the textures they produced were just fantastic!Creamy, vivid, in one long sweep of the brush something would be brought to life. The petal of a flower, the iris in a person's eye, a blade of grass.... I remember how painstaking the whole process of incorporating tonal value within an object was; i used to spend hours on one small little part of the mural i was working on for my O-levels.
so cutting out the talk for now, here are some samples of what i came up with:


i called this one "Austin Powers". ;P

i dunno if i named this one, can't remember. I just happen to like strings of dots and contrasting colours so i did a lot of colour variation on this one using the same pattern

ooh, this one was so easy to paint. dab-dab-dab your brush with different colours separately and voila! 'Twas a best-seller too :)

stripeys.
When i was a kid i used to love drawing/painting flowers. I'm not the sort of girl who wants to receive them though, cos i think its such a waste of good money (i rather use the money to go out for a meal or something). But yeh,one can never go wrong with flowers cos they're so easy to paint!


I've always loved the sea and whatever comes with it. I never turn down a beach holiday and one thing i'm really gonna miss about Perth are her beautiful beaches like Cottesloe, Trigg and Scarborough. Simply inspiring.


even when it is an obligation, creativity can be produced and gathered.I think that's one applicable lesson i learnt ;-)
Which brought back some painful memories of how i got a C6 for my mural at O-levels. sigh. Guess the ethnic thing didn't work for them that year.I never really painted after that.
painting again inspired me to think of working with paint as a medium again. Not for business or for academic purposes, but just..for the sheer pleasure of it.
There is something about paint that is just so satisfying. I used to enjoy trying out/figuring out different techniques for painting different things. Watercolour isn't my thing and previously I had only worked with acrylic and oil. And the textures they produced were just fantastic!Creamy, vivid, in one long sweep of the brush something would be brought to life. The petal of a flower, the iris in a person's eye, a blade of grass.... I remember how painstaking the whole process of incorporating tonal value within an object was; i used to spend hours on one small little part of the mural i was working on for my O-levels.
so cutting out the talk for now, here are some samples of what i came up with:


i called this one "Austin Powers". ;P

i dunno if i named this one, can't remember. I just happen to like strings of dots and contrasting colours so i did a lot of colour variation on this one using the same pattern

ooh, this one was so easy to paint. dab-dab-dab your brush with different colours separately and voila! 'Twas a best-seller too :)

stripeys.
Flower Power
When i was a kid i used to love drawing/painting flowers. I'm not the sort of girl who wants to receive them though, cos i think its such a waste of good money (i rather use the money to go out for a meal or something). But yeh,one can never go wrong with flowers cos they're so easy to paint!


Sea this...
I've always loved the sea and whatever comes with it. I never turn down a beach holiday and one thing i'm really gonna miss about Perth are her beautiful beaches like Cottesloe, Trigg and Scarborough. Simply inspiring.


even when it is an obligation, creativity can be produced and gathered.I think that's one applicable lesson i learnt ;-)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home